In today’s digital era, there are some digital marketing tactics that hold good for all type of business and one of the tactics is SEO. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to one of the digital marketing techniques that help a brand achieve better rankings for your website in organic search results. Nowadays, SEO becomes more important because every year more million times search queries are made on search engines. This means every second that your website is not indexed on the search engines, you miss out on hundreds, if not thousands, of opportunities in which someone might have accessed your website, viewed your content, and bought your product or services.
SEO can help every audience to optimize a website by giving a searcher the exact information that they are searching for and triggering them to visit the relevant website according to their needs and these visits called “organic search visits”, so if a website did not implement the SEO elements, such as Technical SEO, On-Page SEO or Off-Page SEO their website determined to lose some potential organic search that these optimizations could drive.
The SEO trends is always changing every year as Google makes changes to its search algorithms. Search Engine Journal released top 10 SEO strategy in 2021 that brand could implement to optimizing their website by SEO performance,
- Trend #1: Focus on User + Search Intent.
- Trend #2: Customer Analytics, Retention & Lifetime Value
- Trend #3: Brand SERP Optimization, Knowledge Graphs & Entities
- Trend #4: Core Web Vitals & Page Experience Optimization
- Trend #5: All SEO Is Mobile SEO
- Trend #6: Assess, Adopt & Execute
- Trend #7: More Automation
- Trend #8: SERP Layout & Functionality Changes
- Trend #9: Long-Form Content
- Trend #10: SEO Scalability
From the data insight, we could get some insight that brand should be focused on their audience behavior first from what kind of information that they needed, keywords usability from both long tail and short tail keywords, and the most important things was what kind of devices that they use so we can deliver a relevant strategy to optimizing the performance.
When we talked about building an effective strategy, we should take a proper journey to achieve both digital and brand objectives. In Suitmedia, we usually use the 4D Suitmedia framework to answer every client or brand SEO challenge. That framework includes:
- Discovering brand or audience and digital assets situations regarding SEO implementation.
- Defining keywords plan and SEO prioritization (technical, on-page, and off-page) so we can suggest what kind of implementation that we should do at the first time, and so on.
- Deliver digital suggestions that already strategized on the previous phase and how a brand should do to aim better keyword owning, organic search volume and other metrics that relevant to the current objective.
- Determining the result of the suggested strategy. As an SEO specialist or digital marketers, we should measure effectiveness, performance, and a measurable result that gained from the strategy. Do an AB testing to choose what kind of SEO strategy penetration really matches with the current situations.
This framework would fulfill the best approaches to building an effective strategy because every brand situation was different from another.
Author: Farhan Fauzan (Media Manager)